Safety to a higher standard.
API, a wholly owned Danos company, operates under the Danos award-winning Behavior Based Safety System.
As a commitment to our customers, our employees and the environment, Danos maintains strict compliance with regulatory bodies that define the standards for oil and gas operations across the globe.
We provide our workforce with an HS&E staff and dedicated Safety Department to identify hazards, prevent injuries and minimize overall risk on site. Our team also includes a dedicated Training & Compliance group to ensure all regulatory obligations are met in a timely manner.
Additionally, Danos staff and management are well versed and compliant with Safety & Environmental Management Systems (SEMS) plans. We work with our customers to meet these safety and environmental guidelines set by the Bureau of Offshore Energy & Management (BOEM) in November 2011. For more information on attaining Contractor Interface Documents or Expectation Letters, please visit ISNetworld.com or contact a Danos representative.
As a company, we are all about protecting investments—both professional and personal. API, a Danos company, goes to great lengths to create an environment of safety and minimized risk and overall well-being for our most valuable assets: our employees.
There is no greater value at Danos than ensuring the well-being of our employees. Our company culture reinforces individual responsibility as a means to increasing both personal safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. From minimizing risk on the platform to emphasizing safety through education, Danos goes above and beyond to protect every team member.
Our goals are simple:
- Create added value for customers through best-in-class performance in health, safety and environmental (HS&E) protection. We place the safety and well-being of our employees and subcontractors first
- Provide the support, training, tools and environment that ensures all of our employees return home in the same condition in which they came to work
To achieve these goals, our strategies include:
- Reinforce responsibility and accountability for HS&E performance at all levels within the company
- Emphasizing active employee and subcontractor participation
- Integrating a wide number of customer processes and programs to ensure we are continuously improving
- Designing comprehensive management and feedback systems that permit us to measure progress while rewarding superior performance
- Provide industry leading training for all employees covering concepts such as work planning, hazard analysis and hazard control
- The encouragement and earnest expectation of employees to utilize the Stop Work Authority (SWA) granted to every team member to help safeguard against and actively avoid possible dangers associated with compromised operations
By ensuring procedures for handling risks, protecting employee quality of life and routinely revisiting existing policy, we continuously seek to improve work environments and programs. It’s not just something that has to be done—it's the right thing to do. And it's another reason you can feel good about partnering with API, a Danos company